Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Five Artists

1. Fountain by Marcel Duchamp
I like this because it's unexpected. It's not something you would think of as art at first.


2. Day and Night by M.C. Escher
I especially like the geometric nature of Escher's art. I am particularly interested in tessellations and geometric designs.


3. Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh


I like the way Van Gogh used his paint brush. This painting makes me sigh and I think it is beautiful.


4. Migrant Mother by Dorothea Lange
I especially like this photo because it captures the emotion of the mother so clearly. Her face is saying so much about how she cares for her children and how desperate her situation is.


5. Stravinsky by Pablo Picasso
I like how Picasso chooses to exaggerate little things and somehow makes the whole look more real, but not in the sense of what we see with our eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, thank you for your comments on each piece. I like your observations of the details.

    Duchamp was a champion of challenging the idea of "what is art?" And he did it all with a twinkle in his eye...

    ReplyDelete